Getting it together
Developmental benefits of mixed-age learning
For Mylor’s younger children, mixed-age learning helps to:
- Develop greater confidence to approach and mix with older children, which can assist in the later transition to High School
- Acquire a range of older “allies” they can comfortably approach for advice or assistance
- Develop an early understanding that people of all ages and backgrounds can work together happily and productively.
And for our older children, it:
- Enhances their emotional maturity through the “mentoring” of younger children
- Develops increased personal responsibility and leadership qualities
- Reinforces their own learning through the process of assisting younger children with theirs.